Propagation Of A Chimera African Violet With A Potato? (part 2)

So last months post was a semi-serious try at producing chimera African violets from stems using a potato (as I was inspired or made a fool of by YouTube videos.  Well one month into this odd  odd experiment, only 1 of the 8 stems died  as is evident from this image.  So I opened the bag for the first time in a month and using 90% ETOH and a paper towel cleaned out the one dead stem and inspected the potato with the flower stems.  

Perhaps not the best photos but “B” and “C” in the above images have very small plantlets forming.  Yes this is actually working despite my disbelief and my belief that by next month all the stems will be dead.  

So after I inspected the potato and stems I returned the potato back into the bag and sealed it again.  Lets see what happens in the next 30 days.  I cannot believe I have gotten this far with this rather unusual experiment.

One Comment

  1. Tracy
    Posted September 4, 2017 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

    Fascinating! I can’t wait to see if it works.

Post a Comment

Your email is never shared. Required fields are marked *

*
*